Clan WKRE Forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Clan WKRE Forums!

If anything goes Wrong, Kill the men, Rape the women, and Enslave the children! WKRE!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Constructive Criticism

Go down 
+3
ThatOneHunter
Krath
mk1995x
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

My Dming on a scale of 1-10
Constructive Criticism Vote_lcap0%Constructive Criticism Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Constructive Criticism Vote_lcap22%Constructive Criticism Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
 22% [ 2 ]
Constructive Criticism Vote_lcap11%Constructive Criticism Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
 22% [ 2 ]
 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
mk1995x

mk1995x

Constructive Criticism Empty
PostSubject: Constructive Criticism   Constructive Criticism Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:07 pm

Well I'm taking this as a chance to better myself as a DM (Dungeon Master Very Happy) in the Game D&D on WC3, please give me suggestions/feed back on my storylines/campaigns that arent fails, (like the temples theme,town,pirates,colonist) and well, rate me on a scale of 1-10 because Im wondering what people think Very Happy not to be selfish and make a post about my dming but yeah, I want some Constructive Criticism.

=DONT GO OFF TOPIC ON THIS=
Back to top Go down
Krath
Admin
Krath

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Constructive Criticism Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 4:53 pm

Seven. You're dming skills are fine, it's the personality you get once you're dming. I've played only one game with you as a dm, so I wouldn't really know, but from what I've seen, you get mad too fast at people who don't follow your storyline. And you want everyone to do what you want them to, you're never prepared for an unexpected loop in the story, and if someone DOES try to loop it, you just complain. Players can also try to influence the game. I don't know if you understood that.
Back to top Go down
http://wkre.roflforum.net
mk1995x

mk1995x

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Constructive Criticism Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:13 pm

I do but, I didnt only get mad at him trying to change the story, it was a list of things like, godmodding, reviving after death, teleporting randomly, complaining over and over about waiting, making me make stuff JUST for him, that would be wasting time and not supporting the main storyline. I mean he wanted me to make him a whole mages guild that only he would go to, and he didnt understand that i had to make stuff.

He probably thought everything was made already. In this kind of DnD the players go with the DM's storyline, I mean thats what all the Dms do, like the maker mageofmystra and titanhex, they dont complain at all bout my games.

DnD's RPing aspect is different than sotdrp in the aspect that its a structured storyline, the players cant do things out of context or make up their own random lore, they have to comfirm that its ok with the DM first, thats how it works in the Real Life DnD aswell. But what the player I got mad at was doing was using the actual DnD Lore, when I said no wc3 lore it would probably lead you to think that theres no other game lore in it, just because its called dnd does not mean it follow's the Dungeons and Dragons lore. Its just a game structured like it.

And you have to have played with other dms to really respect my dming, I mean its hard to find a decent dm, I'm above average, most Dms do whatever the hell they want, random quests, bad rping, unbalanced scenarios, not planned ahead of time, not even knowing most of the commands, keeping the training room in, leaving many flaws in the games and making mistakes, I do these things rarely, but Im not angry at you CotK since you did say you really wouldn't know since you only played one game, and one like Duke's opinoin or Onehunter's would be more accurate.

And what happened there rarely happens in games, usually I'm not in the arguements because the players interact with other players more, whenever I interact with the players, most of the time its like a cutscene or just a random response to them saying hello to an npc, but this guy tried changing the cutscene/intro in the beginning by trying to actually kill the infamous captain, who is really strong, you could infer that by the merchant ship's captain in the beginning saying quote, " It-Its the Diablo!" Since he does have a cocky attitude and is not easily intimidated.

And if they do get in a arguement and i listen in to determine whose the real idiot, usually I just kick him.

And the player's job is not to influence/change the storyline, its to develope it and fit their own character in it, thats what a good player does. Influencing it usually isnt good. For example, trying to make the whole storyline revolve around their character by godmodding him, making him really important, or doing something stupid like have a demon inside him randomly take over him and attack others. Although there are some good influences, in certain storylines, for example, my towns one is a two road roleplay, you can go two paths, in wars you can ally or kill them, depending if you can kill them. And you can decide what to build and what kind of country/village to make. Military?. Trade?. Enjoyment? (like having taverns, tourist spots, etc.)
Back to top Go down
ThatOneHunter

ThatOneHunter

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Constructive Criticism Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:51 pm

Well, I agree with you CotK in a way. MK, your skills are FAR beyond what i expected. Your respect from me is beyond anything. I mean, sure i have my little 'fits' now how 'HEY I WANNA BE A DEMON HUNTER AND BE UBER CUZ I CAN!' but you take care of that easy ( i dont have fits! I promise!!) but with some anger. Not alot, but I know i irritate you a bit :\ and i do appologize for that.

But your skills are amazing, and you do plan ahead reall well. Its just the way you have the story set up. Gotta have some more flexibility with it. Yes i know if you die you cant rp, and the idiots that fight that are stupid, BUT having a twist with that wouldnt be so bad either. If they want to go and die because they are snotty ass holes, do it. Let them see what happens when they start going out of 'limits'.

P.S - Don't take this the wrong way, because I realise some of the stuff i said may of been ass holeish.. only way i could of really said it :\
Back to top Go down
mk1995x

mk1995x

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Constructive Criticism Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:08 pm

You see. . . the whole reason my structured rps don't have much flexibility is because of the whole dnd system itself. I have to be constantly making things ahead of time otherwise you spend a crap load of time just sitting around. lets say I'm making something. . . like the whole interior for that pirate ship. then you guys all decide, hell no we're not joining. Then jump into the water or something and hope to wash up on shore. Problems with that.

1.I made the interior and the rest of the deck for nothing, wasting time and annoying myself.

2. There is no island made

3. If I did make an island, in the case we had cotk, it would''ve taken longer and more people would have left.

4.I would have to make a shit load of branches in this storyline, and breaking of from the ship would lead to literally a whole new storyline.

The flexibility in dnd isn't very big with a set rp storyline. dnds that don't really have much of a set storyline are easily altered, but those dnds are not focused on rping but focused on the fighting, which you all don't like. And most dms make slapdash quests where they spend 5 min making the whole map, just slapping things on.

So what you want me to do is beyond my reaches. Unless you want to wait an hour for me to make all the possible twists and turns in the storyline in between every part of the rp.
Back to top Go down
ThatOneHunter

ThatOneHunter

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Constructive Criticism Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:26 pm

Okay, i admit me trying to jump off the ship was over board... x.x
Back to top Go down
Krath
Admin
Krath

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Constructive Criticism Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 11:08 am

Lol, over board.

Concept.
Back to top Go down
St.Vice

St.Vice

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Constructive Criticism Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 4:41 pm

dood it's been so long sense i've RPed with you that i can't answer the poll question
Back to top Go down
Krath
Admin
Krath

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Constructive Criticism Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 8:01 pm

He means DnD. =)
Back to top Go down
St.Vice

St.Vice

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Constructive Criticism Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 1:22 am

ya i mean all things, Like i no longer play WC3 and am no longer and shaman. (damn faulty dells)
Back to top Go down
Krath
Admin
Krath

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Constructive Criticism Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 7:07 pm

I've heard. Haven't you just quit?
Back to top Go down
St.Vice

St.Vice

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Constructive Criticism Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 7:38 pm

i left because i couldn't fulfill my role as a shaman. i had no way to play Wc3 so i put my spot up for another. but i havn't stopped posting. i still check the forums almost three times a day, every day.
Back to top Go down
Krath
Admin
Krath

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Constructive Criticism Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 5:00 pm

Aw. Well, when you get back, tell us so mk can show you his epic dming skills. XD
Back to top Go down
mk1995x

mk1995x

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Constructive Criticism Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 8:14 pm

xD thanks
Back to top Go down
dragonki

dragonki

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Constructive Criticism Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 9:16 am

I put a 10!
Back to top Go down
http://www.drunkduck.com/Kitty_Land/
mk1995x

mk1995x

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Constructive Criticism Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 6:02 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Krath
Admin
Krath

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Constructive Criticism Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 2:21 pm

Dood. After yesterday, the 'dm' thing with SotDRP, you're like, totally awesome.
Back to top Go down
mk1995x

mk1995x

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Constructive Criticism Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 3:53 pm

xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Constructive Criticism Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 3:43 am

i put 9 because no one is ever the best .... sorry but no one is ever the best mk >_> your almost .... but not really XD
Back to top Go down
Eviln00b412

Eviln00b412

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Constructive Criticism Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:59 pm

6.5 if I could. You're far better than most I've met, but there are a couple... eh, flaws. Not saying I'm teh uber-critic or anything, but your attitude towards DnD and, agreeing with CotK, the attitude you attain when DMing is kinda... boring, in all honesty. Characters lack depth, there are very few, if any backstories and explanations, and whenever I try to roleplay in one, I feel rather misplaced.

I haven't been in the majority of your DnDs, so I may be misplaced in my concerns, but add a little spice. Maybe a little flare. Not just chop-and-block with the same choices, the same paths and the same quests. Just my opinion. You can roleplay well and are a BRILLIANT builder. But still. Fizzaz.
Back to top Go down
Stormcaller

Stormcaller

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Constructive Criticism Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:22 pm

I think I'ma say a Six, out of the only experiences I've had with you, three total.

The first of which, I'm sorry to say, the Plot was fairly Cliche, and the Charecter and Plot left little room for anything other than exactly must happen for the story. This was months ago.

The second of which was my first chance for you and Duke to try and get me back into Rping. The Rping itself was kind of fun, and while the Plot was fun, took too much time to execute, and everything was fairly boring Charecter/Event wise. I mean, just because you arn't a Charecter, doesn't mean that the NPC's can't have any flavor.

The third of which was your guys' last chance to convince me. Once again, the Plot itself was rather creative, but the Rping wasn't Dramatic, Nor Funny. It just seemed to simmer. And you got kind of picky as to commanding us to do stuff.

So I'm not per say totally rating you, but the Rper's I've done with you as a DM so far.

And Yes, I am harsh. My original Experience-Score was a Four.

But no, I did not vote this number, due to the fact of it being a mix of You and My limited number of DnD's with you.

Then again, that number is probably never going to increase.
Back to top Go down
mk1995x

mk1995x

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Constructive Criticism Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:58 pm

we dont include comedy in our rps anymore gen >.> most of the rps we do now are serious, without comedy, most people actually wouldn't like me putting comedy in the storylines because that would kind of ruin the mood.
Back to top Go down
Stormcaller

Stormcaller

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Constructive Criticism Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 6:35 pm

Anyone who would get pissed off because of a Quirk here and there is taking this stuff way too seriously.

Even in Drama's and Tragedies, there are Jokes here and there. A Serious, Epic, Rp shouldn't be any different.
Back to top Go down
Eviln00b412

Eviln00b412

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Constructive Criticism Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 6:57 pm

Agreed. There's one thing when its a serious roleplay, there's another where its void entirely of comedy. If things get too serious, people get angry and stressed at eachother. Even in something as epic as Lord of the Rings, you have characters designed for comedy. It's how the human psychology works.
Back to top Go down
mk1995x

mk1995x

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Constructive Criticism Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 5:00 pm

Actually now that you mention it there is 'comedy' in the dnds, but its not like its planned in the rp itself. f.e in the inn the heroes splitted the rooms between the woman and men, I had a little peeking hole in the wall for shits and giggles, then once all of the men started looking I had the wall practically break and the women all--- you get it. And the innkeeper was pissed. And gen, who said I was pissed off?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Constructive Criticism   Constructive Criticism Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Constructive Criticism
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next