Clan WKRE Forums!

If anything goes Wrong, Kill the men, Rape the women, and Enslave the children! WKRE!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Books! Galore!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mk1995x

PostSubject: Books! Galore!   Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:22 pm

Books! Confucius say, "Good roleplayer read a lot!, " (no not really) But reading does help you roleplay of course. So this topic is dedicated to Books! cheers

-You can Put reviews of books.

-Argue over books.

-Suggest books.

-Tell us not to read books that horribly suck.

-Tell us what book your currently reading!

=DON'T GO OFF TOPIC ON THIS=

Last edited by mk1995x on Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krath
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Books! Galore!   Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:24 pm

OOO!!!

OO!!

I know two series that are follow-up series! They're really old, but those books are the best!! The author is Dave Duncan and the first series is "A Man Of His Word", and the series following that one is "A Handful Of Men". I am currently reading the last book in the series, and it is epic. Love that Dave Duncan. It's fantasy. Basically, there are words of power in this fantasy world. One word makes a genius(Someone who is occultly powerful at something). Two words make an adept(Someone who is good at everything). Three words make a mage(Someone who can use spells, but only for a certain duration of time, depending on their faculty for magic, or how powerful their word is). Four words make a sorcerer(Can cast permanent spells, is all powerful). Five words make a god(There are few people who can sustain five words, and if they do, to become a god, they must share their five words with someone of the opposite sex to become one).

On a scale of 1 to 5, I'd rate it 6. It's too epic for limits.

There is much more to it, but I won't explain it all. Buy it on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wkre.roflforum.net
ThatOneHunter

PostSubject: Re: Books! Galore!   Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:38 pm

Well... i'd have to say the Cirque Du Freak series is by far, epic beyond bounds. The Inheratince ( Eragon, Eldest, Brisinger ) is amazing too. The Twilight books are good too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St.Vice

PostSubject: Re: Books! Galore!   Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:57 pm

Ok let me dig in to this (creaks his knuckles) Vampires do not sparkle. they are dark and some what emo (depending on what you looking at) super humans who are forced to drink human blood to live. hell next the Twilight people will be fucken saying that the can now walk in daylight. do me and your self a favor. GO READ FUCKING VAMPIRE HUNTER D OR HELLSING!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krath
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Books! Galore!   Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:58 pm

OKAY, ASAP!
Back to top Go down
mk1995x

PostSubject: Re: Books! Galore!   Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:15 pm

Im reading this book called the Imaginarium Geographica, to understand it you need to know a lot of mytholgy, Im a nerd when it comes to mythology but the book refers to so much mythology sometimes I have no idea what they are saying, they incorporate norse to greek mythology, even religous things are a part of it! The books fun to read for the story, its got a good story, its pretty cool to find out who all the characters are like one is, well *spoiler alert!* J.R.R Tolken. You see theres a book called the Imaginarium Geographica that contains all the maps of the other 'lands' the only way to get from our lands (like earth) to the mythologicalish lands is by these boats called dragonships which are made from famous american ships, and have a will of their own, theres 3 caretakers of the book and the king of the mythological realm or whatever you call it is DEAD, DEAD I TELL YOU. (I could comment on him being dead and all but it would spoil) and theres this guy called the winter king, whose going up to try to be king, he claims he has royal blood (he also has an identity in our world, like how the one of the characters is J.R.R tolken but if i say it it will ruin it, like every character has an identity in this world, the writer did a crapload of research. And so these three caretakers go on a journey through the lands on their dragonship! called the indigo dragon. And theres another main thing called the keep of time, where the writer of the imaginaruim geographica lives, it plays a major role but I wont tell anymore, this is not nearly the whole story so yeah, Im barely spoiling anything. go read it! Im on the third book (the newest) Its a Virginia choice book :/
And well I would rate it 5/5 (Im not doing that gay stuff where people say 6/5 >_> heheh)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krath
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Books! Galore!   Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:22 pm

Screw you, 6/5 ftw.

And you never ended your parentheses.

And please, make little paragraphs, it's just easier to read.
Very Happy enough of this paragraph talk, how bout we talk about the book Im suggesting? -mk1995x

How bout you stop screwin' around with your mod powers and stop deleting and editing everything.
>_>

Last edited by CotK on Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
St.Vice

PostSubject: Re: Books! Galore!   Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:46 pm

right now i'm reading three books. The Founding, Hero of the Imperium, and the Soul Drinker Omnibus. if your as nerd as i am you'll see that they are all WH40K books. like i said in an another post i'm a raving 40K fan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fairemont

PostSubject: Re: Books! Galore!   Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:38 pm

Read Blood Angels if you like WH40K
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.roleplaycity.com
St.Vice

PostSubject: Re: Books! Galore!   Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:44 am

already read those. Reading Brother hood of the snake (Wh40K) Blood Ball Omnibus (WH) every codex from the table top games(WH40K).

two books you guys need to go out and pick up. Scar Night. and it's sequel Iron Angel. This writer is one of my heros. he writes such lust and deep stories. every one has a back ground and their back grounds have backgrounds and so on. he interlinks every thing so well. these two books are his only ones. but they are totally worth it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fairemont

PostSubject: Re: Books! Galore!   Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:01 am

I'm working on Souldrinkers and the Ultramarines Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.roleplaycity.com
St.Vice

PostSubject: Re: Books! Galore!   Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:20 pm

i likes Ultramarines more then soul drinkers but they are both good choices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Books! Galore!   

Back to top Go down

Books! Galore!
Page 1 of 1